Have you ever been to Chicago? The windy city? The city where Oprah had her show and where she lives sometimes? It's a city with loads of history, awesome food, and plenty to do. Here's my rundown on why this cool city makes my top 10 list of cities I love and look forward to visiting again and again...
- Their Chicago dogs and deep dish pizzas are amazing! Really, if you go to Chicago you must try one of these or both, whatever pleases your tastes buds. It's one of the things they're famous for, so why not?
- Navy Pier. Fun for the kiddies. Fun for the adults. It's a win win.
- They are home to one of the tallest sky scrapers in the world. Go visit the Willis Tower (aka Sears) and stand in the overhanging glass box. It's a trip!
- Saint Patrick's day in Chicago is worth partaking in at least once in your life time. The river is green. Everyone is catching & throwing beads, it's like mardi gras but colder and with more green!
- There's tons to do, see, and eat.
- Chinatown. It's pretty big. It has life size Chinese Zodiac statues which are great for photo ops.
Garret Popcorn Chicago Mix!
Yup, this popcorn mix is da BOMB! You can read my Yelp review here! My boyfriend's brother in law got a huge tin of this for Christmas and it just got me thinking of the happy yummyness I had while eating my sample bag of this mix I got from the coupon book from the bus tour we were on. I am actually considering ordering a tin, to avoid too many handfuls from his. So Chicago, I hope to visit you again soon, when it's warmer and I can spend more time at Navy pier or eating.
If you have yet to read my earlier blogs, 2012 is the year of travel. I'll be sure to write about my adventures of new cities and I'd love to hear your thoughts as well!
What is your favorite city? What do you love most about it?