Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Thursday, February 27, 2014
|Via ABC The Bachelor|
My favorite ladies:
- Sharleen: I loved her from the beginning because of her ethnic mix, cultural diversity, and style. As a woman born & raised in Hawai'i when you see someone who exemplifies that diversity it gives you a bit of warm and fuzzyness inside. Being ethnically mixed myself I knew she was of Chinese and another ethnicity which apparently is a mixture of European and Aboriginal descent I found, which is so different from seasons past so far. In the beginning I thought she would be great for Juan Pablo because they each bring different cultures to the table. Canadian woman who lives in Germany to a Venezuelan who lives in the U.S. But the lack of a 'cerebral' connection was clear and I get that sometimes you want to have those intellectual and articulate conversations where you're on the same page with that guy. I give all my respect to her for giving such honest and real 'confessions' throughout the Bachelor. She seemed the most intuitive of her feelings and did what was best for her, which in reality is just what someone would do in real life. If you just aren't feeling that connection, you let go and do what's best for you to find that person that encompasses what you are seeking in a partner, husband or wife. I especially loved her quote: "I want him to see a panda in a room full of brown bears," and she clearly was.
via ABC The Bachelor
- Renee: Such a beautiful woman who was obviously loved by every girl in the house. It was never a surprise that the girls, when they needed someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on, Renee was there comforting them. You could tell from the start how big of a heart she has for her son and others. During the hometown dates it was such a sweet moment to see her hug her son after such a long time. It was easy to tell what kind of a mom she is to Ben and what a great catch she would be for any man. I truly wish her the best because she deserves someone just as amazing as she is.
via ABC The Bachelor
- Andi: I loved Andi from the start as well. I thought she exuded strength, dignity, and a fun loving personality throughout the season. For a woman to have the career that she does I thought it was wonderful and refreshing to see someone on the show that was beautiful and conservative at the same time. In a society where scantily clad women are the norm, it was nice to see someone rock dresses and swimsuits that still allowed for a little mystery. I certainly understand her stance about how her overnight went as well. It's easy to be unsure of what you want in a relationship when you're in your twenties, but I think she has a clear idea and I know she will find someone who is all in with her as she is in with him. I also love that they aired the confrontation because it shows how communication can be misinterpreted easily between men and women. Communication is such an important aspect in a relationship, I've learned that the most beneficial thing you can do is to communicate what you're saying in a way that is understandable towards the other person. If it means saying it 2,3,4, or 5 different ways for them to understand, do it.
via ABC The Bachelor
- Clare: Clare has such a kind and open heart it almost makes me worry for her because I don't want her to get hurt. Throughout the season it almost felt as though she might have been infatuated with Juan Pablo, but it's pretty clear that they have a connection so we'll see what happens next week. I loved seeing her family and could totally relate to her relationships with her sisters and her mom. Her mom was so cute and I got this sense of her strength and why her husband fell in love with her. Whomever Clare marries, that man will be very lucky.
via ABC The Bachelor
- Nikki : I think I started liking Nikki as a person when she went on her one on one date with Juan Pablo, rappelling in a cave. It's certainly not an easy thing to do and it showed her willingness to try new things and trust in Juan Pablo. I loved seeing her friendships with the other girls on the show too it shows that even though she and Clare didn't get along she still made great friends during the season. I think it's pretty important and of course great to have girl friends and seeing those friendships grow from the show is such an amazing thing to see. I also just adored her hometown date with Juan Pablo and meeting her family. Seeing her in her own element was great, I think it allowed him to get a bigger picture of how she came to be. Her parents were so wonderful, when her dad talked to Juan Pablo I started tearing, that's a great set of parents she has, she is blessed!
via ABC The Bachelor
Each woman brought something unique to the table this season and it's easy to see why Juan Pablo would cry after letting some of these ladies go. The season still has another week or two to go and next week is the Women Tell All which I'm anxious to see. I began following some these ladies on twitter & Instagram and just love how close they've become and how much fun they have. It's definitely great to see all these women still maintaining their friendships after the show concludes.
Lastly, I wanted to thank the Bachelor ladies for going on the show and letting America get to know each of you a little throughout the show and allowed us to get a glimpse of who you are. To put a hold on your life and take a chance at love says a lot about all of you and I wish you all the best and know that whomever you find as your partner in life, will be one lucky man! *cheers*
Wednesday, January 08, 2014
- Celebrated 2 years with my love
- Visited my home in Honolulu to celebrate my bestie's wedding to her love
- Spent some quality time with my family and besties at home
- completed my pre-requisites for an Occupational Therapy Master's program
- Started working at a great company (PayPal) where I've learned so much about myself, people, and made some wonderful friends
- Flew to Alexandria & D.C. to celebrate another beautiful wedding for Joel's brother to the beautiful Meghan!
- Got to see the Abraham Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, WWII memorial and the White House!
- Found an awesome brick walled apartment complete with bay window and the all the space I would need!
- Celebrated my fourth Christmas in Nebraska with my Mom, Joel and his family, and had some family fly in from Honolulu to celebrate the holidays too!
- Learned to commute on a bicycle which I have grown to enjoy!
- Joel and I were lucky on Black friday with a great TV & Blue Ray
- Had a wonderful New Year's with those I love deeply!
- Welcomed my cute nephew into the world!
- Looking forward to seeing families grow in 2014! ;)
- As hard as it can be...learned to keep putting one step in front of the other when life seems to push you a step back.
- Learned to stop being a procrastinator, something I hope to carry over to 2014!
- Been blessed with an amazing support system from my boyfriend, family, and friends.
- A bad habit I'm going to break: spending frivilously.
- A destination I'd like to visit: Zion
- I'm going to work harder at: SAVING SAVING SAVING!
- A project Id like to finish: Decorating my bedroom.
- A class i'd like to take: OT 101 ;)
- I'd like to spend more time doing: Ballet Beautiful
- A food I want to eat more of: Veggies & Fruits
- I want to wear more: pink & flowers
- My ultimate goal this year: Achieve chapter 1 of my OT program :)
Thursday, July 25, 2013
Short and sweet as the trip was, a mere 3 days tops, I was able to pack my carry on with ample space left for my boyfriend's goods too. .
|Zebra print robes. fantastic!|
|beautiful aren't they?|
|the happy newly weds.|
|Mr. Abraham Lincoln.|
|Peace & Love til next time!|
Wednesday, July 03, 2013
Here's a peek of the amount of space I'll be working with.
|my future little nook all 725 sq ft of it|
- utilities residents are responsible for. Is the resident responsible for water, sewage, electricity and/or gas, or does the apartment cover some utilities?
- Washer and dyer in unit or how much does it cost to do laundry in their laundry facility?
- Controlled access entry to apartment building
- Parking or Garage rentals
- What does the complex do in between tenants to make it ready for a new resident?
- Distance to work and frequented places like: church, grocery store, target, goodwill. Places like that.
- Windows --> we all need natural light!
- What I call the, "have fun pool" and the playground. Nice touch for families.
- The fitness center that is shared with a sister apartment. I will never have to pay for a gym membership ever while living here! AND I can start swimming in the lap pool, take spinning classes, and choose from ample treadmills & elliptical machines should I want to amp up my cardio.
- Balcony facing a golf course. I can sit outside and be inspired :)
|Pretty Brick Building. LOVE!|
Thursday, June 20, 2013
Now that now that summer is finally here it's time for me to get back to healthy eating. It's been a whirlwind of changes lately with a new job and a new routine. As in life there are things we can't control and things we can control.
One of the many things we can control about is what we eat. This morning I decided to take control of what I eat and I did so by eating this wonderful breakfast. I basically combined three of my favorite foods together in one meal.
Strawberries, Greek yogurt, honey. Paired with a small cup of soy milk and I've got my protein, some sweet, a bunch of vitamin C, and calcium all in one meal!
Eating a meal like this makes me so happy and makes me feel good about my body and I know when we make good decisions for ourselves and our body our body will love us back. It is not always an easy thing to do, to steer away from are good friends: chocolate donuts, chocolate chip cookies, and candy; yet the rewards of eating healthy outweighs the rewards from instant gratification from those sweet treats.
Cheers to a summer full of healthy choices!!
Sunday, May 19, 2013
|My sister's cat Catch. I miss & love her so much!|