Photobucket
EAT. PRAY. LOVE. LAUGH.
 
Photobucket

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

13 days.

In that short amount of time I will have packed, purged, and moved to my very first and my very own humble abode.  We saw, I applied and I signed the application in hopes of making this apartment a place of my own. Just the other day I was approved!! And with flying colors!! I am uber happy to have a place to call mine 'o mine.

Here's a peek of the amount of space I'll be working with.
my future little nook all 725 sq ft of it
Honestly, there's going to be so much space for me I will not know what to do with myself.  So cue the inspiration and I will be working on this little space so it will reflect everything I love.

Looking for an apartment, as many of you may know, is one challenging task.  One has to consider many factors before agreeing to live in a place.  Because, let's face it, you'll be sleeping here, eating here, showering here, and entertaining here.  The space must meet, or almost meet, all of your requirements you feel will be a 'home' to you.  Here were a few of my factors when looking for a place. They may be helpful for you should you set off on your own quest. 

Below are the must knows
  • utilities residents are responsible for. Is the resident responsible for water, sewage, electricity and/or gas, or does the apartment cover some utilities? 
  • Washer and dyer in unit or how much does it cost to do laundry in their laundry facility?
  • Controlled access entry to apartment building
  • Parking or Garage rentals
  • Cleanliness 
  • What does the complex do in between tenants to make it ready for a new resident?
  • Distance to work and frequented places like: church, grocery store, target, goodwill. Places like that.  
  • Windows --> we all need natural light!
The above were very important factors on my list during my search.  I found them to be a great guide to finding the perfect new home for me.  

Here is a list of contributing factors that played into my decision to sign on the dotted line at this particular apartment . My boyfriend also helped me with this very important decision as well. Gotta love the boyfriends who are always there to support us!

Below are the Extras but not necessary factors
  • What I call the, "have fun pool" and the playground.  Nice touch for families.
  • The fitness center that is shared with a sister apartment.  I will never have to pay for a gym membership ever while living here! AND I can start swimming in the lap pool, take spinning classes, and choose from ample treadmills & elliptical machines should I want to amp up my cardio. 
  • Balcony facing a golf course. I can sit outside and be inspired :) 
If I had found a smaller place that didn't have the above amenities, I would be just as happy too!  At this point in my life, having had roommates since I was in college, whom I adore and glad I had friends that I could live with and still be friends with today, it's a nice feeling to be able to spread my wings. 

What I love most about this apartment is how beautiful the building is.  I have surprised myself in having an opportunity to live in such a place.  It's beautiful, safe, and exactly what I've wanted, for a long time.  I love it and can't wait to break it in with my cooking, crafts, and beautiful things.

Pretty Brick Building. LOVE!

I'll be sure to share with you my crafty moments and the outcome of how I will turn my apartment into a wonderful and happy place!  *cheers* to good news and Independence day!  

1 comment:

Charushii said...

I'm really excited for you! This place sounds awesome with all its amenities =) Can't wait till to see pictures of your place and all the additions you will add to it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...