Here's a peek of the amount of space I'll be working with.
|my future little nook all 725 sq ft of it|
Looking for an apartment, as many of you may know, is one challenging task. One has to consider many factors before agreeing to live in a place. Because, let's face it, you'll be sleeping here, eating here, showering here, and entertaining here. The space must meet, or almost meet, all of your requirements you feel will be a 'home' to you. Here were a few of my factors when looking for a place. They may be helpful for you should you set off on your own quest.
Below are the must knows
- utilities residents are responsible for. Is the resident responsible for water, sewage, electricity and/or gas, or does the apartment cover some utilities?
- Washer and dyer in unit or how much does it cost to do laundry in their laundry facility?
- Controlled access entry to apartment building
- Parking or Garage rentals
- What does the complex do in between tenants to make it ready for a new resident?
- Distance to work and frequented places like: church, grocery store, target, goodwill. Places like that.
- Windows --> we all need natural light!
Here is a list of contributing factors that played into my decision to sign on the dotted line at this particular apartment . My boyfriend also helped me with this very important decision as well. Gotta love the boyfriends who are always there to support us!
Below are the Extras but not necessary factors
- What I call the, "have fun pool" and the playground. Nice touch for families.
- The fitness center that is shared with a sister apartment. I will never have to pay for a gym membership ever while living here! AND I can start swimming in the lap pool, take spinning classes, and choose from ample treadmills & elliptical machines should I want to amp up my cardio.
- Balcony facing a golf course. I can sit outside and be inspired :)
If I had found a smaller place that didn't have the above amenities, I would be just as happy too! At this point in my life, having had roommates since I was in college, whom I adore and glad I had friends that I could live with and still be friends with today, it's a nice feeling to be able to spread my wings.
What I love most about this apartment is how beautiful the building is. I have surprised myself in having an opportunity to live in such a place. It's beautiful, safe, and exactly what I've wanted, for a long time. I love it and can't wait to break it in with my cooking, crafts, and beautiful things.
|Pretty Brick Building. LOVE!|
I'll be sure to share with you my crafty moments and the outcome of how I will turn my apartment into a wonderful and happy place! *cheers* to good news and Independence day!