Photobucket
EAT. PRAY. LOVE. LAUGH.
 
Photobucket

Monday, December 26, 2011

Aloha Christmas 2011...Hello New Year's Eve...


It seems to me that as soon as fall begins, preparation for the holidays begin to surface.  Stores are putting up holiday decor as early as September in hopes of getting eager shoppers to start their holiday shopping.  Fall birthdays, Halloween, and Thanksgiving goes by, and the much anticipated holiday of the year has finally arrived...Christmas. After all of those festivities have finished...there's a calm on December 26th. The excitement of Christmas subsides and many are looking for the after Christmas sales on gifts, decorations, and holiday cards.

It makes me wonder if we get too caught up in the glitter of Christmas and forget about the meaning of Christmas.  Perhaps the hustle & bustle of getting the best deal is part of getting into the spirit of Christmas, or perhaps we may take it too far...?

This was my second Christmas away from most of my family in Hawai`i.  However, this year I was fortunate enough to be spending my first Christmas with my boyfriend and his family. This is also my second Christmas with my sister, my brother in law and my niece.   And the second year I have been away from my closest friends I like to call my besties.  They are the friends I have considered my family for years...and for them I have taken it upon myself to extend the Christmas love a wee bit longer, of which I am happy to do. Heck, if I could keep the Christmas decor into spring, I would do so...  There's just something happy about Christmas trees, lights, and holiday decorations.

One of these years, I hope be near my whole family during the Christmas season.  The family I've been born into, brought into, and my chosen family.  What a Christmas that would be!

For now...the happiness of giving and seeing the smiles on the faces of those you care about is perhaps the most priceless gift I could receive.  I'm  just happy technology has allowed us to stay connected to loved ones even if we're thousands of miles apart.  Another priceless gift.

.:*:. Speaking of glitter... How will you be ringing in the New Year?  .:*:.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...