Photobucket
EAT. PRAY. LOVE. LAUGH.
 
Photobucket

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

fascinate me.

In about a week Joel and I will be jet setting off to the pacific ocean.  More specifically to Hawai'i, the phillipines, and thailand.  It feels almost surreal how close we are to our trip that we've been planning for a year now. I don't think it has hit me yet, but it's a huge deal because we'll be celebrating his grandma's 90th birthday on Easter, in the Phillipines! I don't know about you, but I think it's pretty darn rad.

First off, it's such a blessing to reach age 90 and still be sharp as an arrow mentally nowadays, and boy is she sharp! And secondly, celebrating Easter in a predominately catholic country is going to be outstanding in my book.  I'm eager to see the celebrations unfold during our stay there and to experience this special time in the Phillipines.  It's going to be a bit hectic, 4am wake up calls and traveling with tons of people in huge vans maneuvering through the Phillipines traffic, hot humid sweaty weather, and most likely being sleep deprived.  But-- I'm all in.

I'm all for the culture.  The food. The experience of celebrating a monumental birthday with Joel and his family and to be celebrating Easter in the Phillipines.  One of the many things I'm thankful for growing up in Hawai'i, is how diverse it is.  And though this may be my very first time stepping out of the U.S. I'm grateful that I've grown up in a place -- and raised by a family -- who encourages being open to other cultures, lifestyles, languages, and people.  It's just fascinating!

My family is so supportive and excited for me to experience this trip.  Mainly because I'll be with Joel and his family, but also because they've always believed in the importance of experiencing new things, because doing so will only make you a better person in the long run.  It opens your eyes and your heart to what's out there.  It allows you to step out of the "American bubble" and become an open cultured person.  And that my friends is a very important character trait everyone should strive for.

The quote above should be rephrased like so:

In order to lead a fascinating life--
one brimming with art, music,  intrigue, 
romance, and culture--
you must surround yourself
with precisely those things. 

So I say to you: Go out into the world and make your life fascinating! 

1 comment:

Bubble My Licorice said...

amazing post :)
amazing!

http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...